Friday, August 7, 2009

If I had no dress code at work...

I would wear my black collared shirt dress (knee length) with white pin stripes tomorrow.

I would put product in my hair and wear a necklace and earrings. Sandals, maybe high heels, and nail polish. Dark purple, or green, or fire engine red.

Oh and by the way, I'd have the day off. And I would go to a coffee shop with my bag full of books, the Smithsonian, maybe colored pencils for scribbling, my journal for taking notes on cute male coffee patrons. No cell phone, of course, or laptop, but a notebook in case I get the urge to write a letter, and communicate with the outside world that way.

After I get bored after an hour or two, as I inevitably always do even though it is my happy place--I think I might have ADD--, I would drive home, change into my running clothes, and head to a trail. Pound the pavement for an hour, then drive home with the windows down and the tunes cranked. Eat some fruit snacks, then steam off the salty sweat in the shower, then eat some real food, eventually when I get my (now, after a run, allowed-to-be) lazy self off the couch.

Call Brad, or Nick, or Dad to tell him how far I just ran. Kiss the kitten, then snuggle in with a book, or a movie on TV, or my favorite combo, a book in the lap in front of the TV. And there would be ice cream involved at this point (okay so maybe I lied about the "real" food element. Leave me alone, it's my day off).

How about you? What are you wearing/doing tomorrow in your fantasy world?

No comments:

Post a Comment