Friday, August 14, 2009

Recipe for Disaster

2 pieces of toast and jam
1 cup black coffee
5 hour work shift on your feet
1 double chocolate brownie on your break
1 cup lima beans
3.5 mile run
baked talapia
pasta with a butter sauce

Mix well, in the above order, over the course of 12 hours. Be sure to have the following on hand:

Pepto Bismol
Alka-Seltzer
Tylenol, Advil, and Aleve
a novel (to occupy your mind when you can't sleep)
H2O
saltines
Sprite
bad tv
your bed
a fuzzy cat to pet

Trust me on this one. I did the living and learning for all of us this time around. Don't bother experiencing it for yourself. You can thank me when it's all over (because it's still not over. I'm still poppin' the pills and fighting with a fever...Ugh).

3 comments:

  1. what did you google to get this picture?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, as a child (and most of my older adolescent/college years too), i HATED the word "tummy." "potty" as well. i have come to be okay with each. maybe my maternal instincts kicking in, preparing for child language. i still can't handle "panties" under any circumstances ever. yuck.

    ReplyDelete