Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh, look at the (bed)time!

Mondays are big time class days. I spend four hours in class, and usually start the day early contributing to class blogs by their deadlines. Today was an exception, but I usually spend the break between the two classes typing a paper for the second class, then scrambling to find a printer.

Yup. Great study habits.

Anyway, I get home and just sit. Other than doing about one set of dishes, spraying half of the kitchen counter (note: not the entire counter) with 409, and picking up my prescriptions from Walgreens, I have just sat here since I got home.

I had sincere intentions of going for a run, but my headache was on the verge of throbbing by the time I walked in the door, so I decided against it.

Tomorrow I have at least a ten hour day in the newsroom, potentially longer, so I am going to get in bed with a novel--

Gasp! A novel?! Oh no, she isn't!

Oh yes, she is.

--and call it a day. I feel slightly okay, slightly guilty about this. I put in a full day, that started before 8am, but I also quit around 6pm and haven't picked up the pace since.

Ah, well. Too late to worry about it now.

The Mermaid Chair, I will see you now.

Reality, I'll deal with you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hope that Mermaid book is as good as the laugh at the end of the cat/printer video. BATBBTBATBATBAT-FALL!

    Do you get emotional over this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6iBzQXOjPw (if you ever live in a foreign country for 2+ years and then go back home briefly, prepare for some head-craziness.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a feeling you would comment on the mermaid book, via email or blog comment.

    it is by the same author who wrote "the secret life of bees." have you read it? later made into a movie with queen latifah, dakota fanning, jennifer hudson, and alicia keys. produced by will/jada pinkett. i actually haven't seen the movie, but there's some trivia :)

    smooches.

    ReplyDelete