Monday, September 6, 2010

Spent

Well I did sleep late today, and I did have pizza for dinner. But I wouldn't say I completely remembered Labor Day and kept it leisurely.

My emotions decided they wanted to do some work today, and in doing so they put Mike to work as Bailey's primary comforter. I'll spare you the details, but Mike and I spent the weekend together, and as I knew it would, it went very quickly. To add insult to this injurious state of long distance romance, we spent part of our weekend attending a wedding reception, i.e. watching another couple celebrate the fact that they don't have to be apart. Add to that list other couples in my life on their way to the altar, and the fact that while I'm happy to be hitting the books instead of Martha Stewart Weddings, and have a wonderful boyfriend who completely supports me in that, the reality is that hitting the books is still very daunting and physically and emotionally exhausting.

You get the idea.

Mike did a good job with his weepy girl, and I am trying to convince my emotions that they have permission to get some rest. Step one? Get off the blog and turn off the PC (which is another issue at graduate school; when I whip out my Dell, I can feel the stares from all the Macs. But that is another post for another time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment