Monday, September 13, 2010

Please publish me :)

I was sitting here minding my own business just now, when a tiny bug flew onto my spoonful of yogurt. "Excuse me, did I invite you here?"

As I moved, the bug moved.

INTO my cup of yogurt!

Really, bug? Really?

I was on the phone, so I wasn't about to interrupt my life for a bug by getting up off the floor to take care of it, so I did the next most logical thing.

I reached for the toilet paper that is sitting on my floor (because I am out of tissue and am too busy to buy more) and wiped the yogurt and bug off of my spoon. And then this song (sort of) came into my head:

"There was a cup of yogurt that swallowed a [member of the] fly [family]
I don't know why he thought he'd survive
He'll likely die

There was toilet paper that laid on the floor
(Never mind that it's on the floor)
The girl took the paper to capture the fly[ish thing]
I don't know why there's TP in her living room
But the fly did die"

Wow, I'll stick to my day job. Which is...writing. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment