Monday, July 25, 2011

Proustian agua

I bought an iced Americano earlier, then eventually dumped what I didn't finish of it and refilled the cup with water.

Now whenever I take a sip of it I get a whiff of what smells like Honey Smacks cereal.

Interesting scientific finding, if I care to present it, which I do.

Doesn't make me want to finish drinking the water, however. Kind of gross when you want a sip of something "tasteless."

Although I have fond memories of pouring myself bowls of Malt-O-Meal Golden Puffs on summer mornings in Colorado as a child, taking the green (or white or yellow or pink*) plastic serving receptacle to the living room to eat the puffs dry** while watching Seal and Blues Traveler on Vh1 with the bros.

*Sibs? Were those the colors? Was there a blue one? Am I getting these colors mixed up with our childhood blankets?

**Often with a glass of milk, but never poured atop the cereal in the bowl, no no. Why would you dilute your day's sugary start?

2 comments:

  1. I had a super fancy-sumancy cup of "clear coffee" last week, and my mother said it smelled of corn flakes.

    ReplyDelete