Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday night education

So, hangin' out with the AP Stylebook tonight--

ya know, whatevs--

I discovered that a female peacock is called a

peahen!

DID YOU KNOW THAT???!!

...And. Really? How often is it going to come up in a news story that we are going to need to differentiate between a peacock and a peahen? I mean, obvi, I found this in passing. I was not looking up 'peacock.' And if I was, I certainly would not have been looking for the correct gender terminology for one of the female variety.

I mean, if I did in fact stop to look that up, prior to tonight's discovery, I'd be surprised at myself. Which doesn't really make sense, because that was a hypothetical situation I just set up there.

It's late. I'm gonna stop confusing myself/you guys now.

Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment