Friday, October 30, 2009

Safety Second, Apparently

I was listening to NPR today (my current love), and discovered that the torch for the 2010 winter Olympics recently traveled by plane.

I repeat. A torch. Lit. On a plane.

I was yelling in my car, "How is that safe?!!"

It will also travel by boat and dogsled before reaching Vancouver.

I shared this with my friends Joe and Deanna (who were equally appalled, or at least perplexed) at a restaurant tonight, and Joe raised the question, "Isn't the carrier of the torch supposed to be running?" From this we conjured images of someone running up and down the aisles of an airplane (I can't speak for Joe or Dee, but personally I pictured him in embarrassing short shorts), while we waited for the hostess to call our party name, "Michael [Jackson]," to our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment