Tuesday, April 27, 2010

300 Posts, Counting, for The Daily Bailey

Holla! We made it to 300 posts! Congratulations, and thank you, readers!

Now I did not promise any brilliant stroke of genius in today's post, so guess what. You're not getting any. Why?

Because I am sick. Speaking of sick, and the number 300...

It felt as if I blew my nose 300 times today. In reality it was probably around 100. A normal day is about ten for me, let's be honest. By the way, when I go to graduate school to study journalism this (!) fall and get a brand new computer to accessorize the journey, I plan on using my new audio and video features (aka, webcam) to your advantage, and by that I mean recording my nose blow so that those of you who do not live or work with me may experience the audio of such an event. It is an event. Things to look forward to in the next 300 posts. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.

Another note about today's post. Today's title is a stealth shout out to my dear friend Carolyn, one of the many devoted followers of the Daily Bailey. Carolyn just sent me an email complaining about journalistic headlines avoiding the word "and," replacing it with commas. So I decided to egg her on/show her I love her through my gesture.

Okay I'm going to declare this post not too thrilling, but also could-be-worse. And if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get into bed for a nighttime snuggle with my tissue box, refraining from adding text to this post which may help it toward the less-than-good category of blog posting.

I really, truly thank you for reading my writing. For sticking through the blah posts, those posts that I need to write for me, to discipline myself as an every day writer, and for letting me know when the better posts touch you or affect your life, as that right there is the true reason I do this.

And, finally, I'd like to thank Dibbs, who received a bath today, followed by a personal blow dry by Dad (the man who claims to "hate" the animal), and who found himself a pile of bubble wrap today and declared it his new bed. Such a good baby, you are. Muah! (What? I warned you that today's post might be a Dibby tribute, and after 300 posts you should be well aware of my cat-loving sickness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment