Thursday, April 22, 2010

Snoozer

I declare this to be the most tiring time of year. Everyone I seem to talk to is just as exhausted as I am. I have taken so many naps, and each morning feels like sheer torture. On my days off I sleep until noon.

I think it's because for students, it's the end of the school year and there are tons of assignments being piled onto us. It's also brighter and warmer outside, and the days are longer, so we are tricked into thinking that our energy can last as long as the daylight, but then we realize as we're frolicking through meadows in our sundresses (yes, all of us, boys included) that we'd kind of like to take a nap. We just think that taking a nap while the weather is so beautiful seems like a crime. So we continue frolicking. With the boys. All of us in sundresses.

I spent most of today sitting in a car. And I'm beat. Yesterday I came home from work and had to take a nap before heading to the concert with Dad. The day before that I came home from work and turned on Gilmore Girls and my eyes were shutting. "Pathetic are you," I thought to my exhausted, eat dinner at 5, work on the crossword puzzle then go to bed at 9 self.

Well I might be pathetic, but I do rather enjoy being old at heart. I can't keep up with you young folk, bar hopping, clubbing, discussing the latest celeb drama. Pass the oatmeal, please. And keep the noise down, I'm going to bed.

1 comment: