Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Big & Tall

We had a practice run for Giant Barista yesterday. I was looking for tea bags at work yesterday to brew tea of the green variety, and discovered I would have to scale a large shelf to get to them. This involved climbing on the counter, which I readily did.

(This portion of the project was my personal practice run to be a Coyote Ugly bar dancer.)

As I was still standing on the counter, Matt came in from his smoke break. He got very excited at the sight of Tall Bailey and ran over to get me. "Get on my shoulders!"

"Sit on them? Or piggy back ride style?"
"Sure, sit on them."

I climbed on, Matt giggled, and I said, "Let's go get Alicia!" We proceeded to greet Alicia, who was doing dishes. You know, working, like Matt and I should have been doing. Hey, I got the tea bags, didn't I?

After a few minutes of pretending we were cheerleaders, I got back down to ground level and we discussed, seriously now, our plans for Giant Barista.

Giant Barista is going to be our awesome version of Giant Doctor from the TV show Scrubs, where JD and Turk get on each others shoulders, cover themselves with a giant lab coat, and heckle people in the hospital parking lot.

Matt thinks a shirt from Big & Tall will be long enough to cover us, and he says he's gonna need some pants he can tuck his arms into. We'll need to find a fine seamstress (Mom? Would you like to volunteer?) to sew multiple aprons together.

This is gonna be so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment