Friday, May 27, 2011

Bird Dreams

Just about 50 pages left in my bird book, yo.

And, right on time--meaning, um, late evening--the dry hacking cough is making its entrance back into my life. In the morning we do mucus expulsion (I know, gross), during the day we have a weak, raspy voice, and at night, the dry hacking cough.

What exactly I've got I have no idea. Even the doc gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and told me to fill it if I get worse or not exactly better, but otherwise it's just a souvenir for my wallet. I'm still deciphering whether I'm worse or N.E.B. Two days ago I had a super sore/stiff neck, and that was gone yesterday so in some ways I'm feeling better?

Well last night I met the cough with a popsicle and a humidifier, and I slept quite soundly, so I'm hoping for a similar result tonight.

I've also been telling myself I need to go to bed earlier than I have been, and while I thought, "Oh well I can get into bed earlier, and considering the fact that my body isn't used to falling asleep earlier I can just bide my time with books instead of sitting in front of the TV for hours which we all know keeps you up for approximately twice as long, because whereas reading tends to lull you to sleep TV seems to keep you wired." (With a run-on sentence thought like that, is it any wonder I don't get to bed early?)

But here's the issue:

If I mark midnight as a reasonable time to get in bed, well...

...Craig Ferguson doesn't end until 12:30. And my TV's not within view of my bed.

:(

What's a coughing girl with the horrible sleep pattern of a teenager to do?

(I'll probably watch all of Craig...)

No comments:

Post a Comment