Monday, May 16, 2011

I don't care if you don't want to hear about my cat again, he and I are in need of some TLC

I think it's safe to say Dibby and I are both in a state of renewal now that we are back together again.

The last week I was on campus I was meeting with my research posse for long stretches of time, so I was really only at home with the cat at night, and sleeping for much of that. Then we had an awful drive home--

would have been NICE TO KNOW that it is common for cats to foam at the mouth when they're given Benadryl. Cat was miserable and his mama cried and was PRETTY SCARED!!!--

and then after only one night at Mom and Dad's--during which Dibby Pie was just trying to adjust to solid ground and a normal amount of saliva in his mouth again--I had to leave him the next morning to go celebrate Niecy Pie's birthday and Riley and Caitlin's graduation.

Worse, he was left with two other cats, to whom I doubt he'll ever warm up--it doesn't seem to be on his bucket list.

Now he is "belly-up" on the floor and I am so happy to have him nearby again. This weekend was full of good family time, which is precious and priceless and I definitely wanted to be there, but I haven't missed my cat quite like I did this weekend in a while.

1 comment: