Saturday, May 7, 2011

Love this book!

WHOA WHOA WHOA.

I was just gonna get on here to tell you guys about this book that I'm reading--

and LOVING--

and I googled it to pull up the link to Amazon so you could go check it out and the first thing that came up in the search was a MOVIE! based on the book that is

NOT YET RELEASED but

TO COME!

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND!!!!!!!!

First person listed on the cast list?!?!?!?!!?!?

JIM PARSONS!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oh, by the way, the book is called The Big Year by Mark Obmascik. It's. Awesome. Obmascik doesn't write arrogantly, the three men he writes about are all so intriguing and endearing--sometimes surprisingly so. The book is about birdwatching, which is something I really want to do. There's just something about this book: it's sweet, it's interesting, it keeps you wondering about the lives and personalities of these men, and you just want to keep reading.

And that last little characteristic there is one I haven't found to be true of a book I've come across in a long, long time. Maybe (actually, quite probably) that has something to do with how cranky I've been lately.

Now that I think about it I'm actually not sure I want to see a movie version of it, but how could I turn down a flick about birdwatching with Jim Parsons? I mean. Come. On.

Oh and Steve Martin's gonna be in this show? Done--I'm guessing which part he's gonna play, and I'm betting on Al Levantin, the cheery man from Colorado. Ope check it out: I was right.

Smooches. Night, night, Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment