Thursday, May 19, 2011

Midday summer show

When I was a kid, my Mom made M&M Halloween costumes for the whole family one year.

Eventually they became items in a garage sale.

And Patrick and Riley got a little last minute enjoyment out of them.

Riley, who was probably eight or nine at the time, put on the three smaller M's (originally his, mine, and Patrick's) and Pat, around 15 or 16, put on the three bigger ones (Kelly's, Mom's, and Dad's), layering them one on top of the other, smallest closest to the body, biggest on top.

And then they sumo-wrestled in the living room.

I remember them taking their stances before each mini-match, and making grunting noises. Then running at each other full force, bumping branded stomachs.

I also remember Riley, who is thin now and was smaller then, falling backward on the floor, over and over, protected by his multicolored safety vests from any sort of major bodily damage.

I recall all of us laughing each time, and then the boys would reset for another round. Left foot. Right foot.

I'm not sure how long the show lasted, but it was one of the better ones I've seen in my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment