Do you ever feel guilty for doing nothing?
I mean of course you're not doing nothing.
You're going to work, you're getting up with an alarm (or after several snoozes), you can hardly sit quietly for two minutes before you log in to social media to post something clever.
And if you're not doing something else you're probably feeling bad about it, am I right? I know I'm right.
But I mean, do you ever avoid life chores -- laundry, grocery shopping, taking the trash out, picking stuff up off your floor -- for an embarrassing amount of time?
Because I do.
If you didn't realize I was heading that direction with these questions.
I feel like all I've done this week, aside from working, is:
- drink wine
- drink beer
- drink other things -- come on, people, who do you think I am? I've had so much water at the office I've been hanging out double time in the bathroom. #TMI
- cross stitch (you were waiting for it, I know you were)
- "swim," i.e. flop around in the water being silly while Alex actually does laps
- eat scraps of snacks to avoid starvation but otherwise not cooking
- stop at 7-Eleven on way to work to buy yet another protein bar because I didn't pack the oatmeal and delicious toppings that I have for it yet again
And my nails want to be clipped.
The cat wants fresh litter.
The carpet wants to be vacuumed.
The toilet wants a scrubbing.
And the Bailey wants a nap. OK, not really. The Bailey wants a clean home, and time to do all the cross stitchy things.
But she can't have both, can she?! Mwah haha!
In other news, when I put my hair in a high ponytail, the bangs try to sneak their sly little way into the elastic.
So that's happening in my life. At least my hair is growing while I am actively avoiding doing so.