Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Weight loss diary -- weighing in, squishy stomachs, salads, and sleepiness

I am getting the After Lunch Sleepies so badly this week.
 
Yowsa.
 
Or should I say Yawnsa.
 
It goes like this: I finish eating, do a little reading and/or stitching, and then
 
WHAM!
 
Must. Sleep. Now. For an hour. At least.
 
But of course, being at work, this option is not possible.
 
Blegh.
 
I guess it is at this point that I count one of my blessings regarding the weight loss trail.
 
I like my coffee black.
 
Thus. When I get sleepy after lunch, I can treat myself to a cuppa joe without worrying at all about calories.
 
Woo hoo!
 
***
 
I weighed in last night, and, as I have been for several weeks now, I am hovering about six pounds under my initial weigh-in weight, which was taken on Memorial Day.
 
So, I'm down six pounds. Which is great.
 
But I'm also only down six pounds.
 
***
 
My stomach feels exxxxtra pudgy today.
 
Love handles are like, "Oh, we've got a handle on this! We're gonna just look like giant bulges above Bailey's waist line, sound good?"
 
And the rest of my stomach, the could-be-flat portion is like, "Well if y'all are letting it all go, then I'm gonna loosen the notches on my belt buckle and fly loose today, too."
 
Sigh.
 
Self love, Bailey. Self love. Patience. Nothing happens overnight (except sleep. Ahhh, sleep).
 
***
 
Let's talk about the baller salad I had for lunch today.
  • Spinach
  • Tomato
  • Carrot
  • Peas
  • Yellow bell pepper
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Chicken
  • Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette
It was nom-licious, friends. I mean, it wasn't earth shattering, but I didn't regret it, wishing so much that I was eating something else.
 
I do think I need to switch up salad dressings, though. I was craving something a little more salty/cheesy today, rather than my traditional sour-pinch vinegar flavoring. Alex loves a Cheese Fantastico! dressing, maybe I'll try that.
 
***
 
I don't know if this has much to do with weight loss, but I'm trying to eat my way through the kitchen.
 
The reason there were peas in my salad today was not so much because I thought, "Ah. I should put peas in my salad!" but rather because I opened the freezer, saw peas, and thought, "I should cook those."
 
This weekend I cooked up some frozen corn I found, and I plan to cook up some quinoa soon.
 
Here's to eating in, eating what you already have, and saving money.
 
Oh yeah, and eating better (generally when I eat in, it's healthier than when I eat out)>
 
***
 
One fiiiinal thing, then I'll let y'all go.
 
Today is the official start of half marathon training!
 
My race is in approximately sixteen weeks. Should be a really beautiful course, with some great girlfriends to hang with at the start and finish lines (we've all agreed to go at our own pace throughout the race).
 
The last time I was at the gym was...a while ago, last time I did a swim...also a while ago, and the last time I did intentional exercise was nine days ago, when we did a 3.5-ish mile, very flat hike in Yosemite.
 
Anyway.
 
I remember that the last time I was on the treadmill, I jogged 0.25 miles. So tonight I plan to jog 0.5 miles, walk 2.5. Then, time and energy and interest allowing, I may do some weights before heading home to clean out my car since tomorrow I may be picking Alex up from the airport and I don't want him to see my filthy vehicle.
 
What?
 
Oh nothing.
 
OK, Friends. Back to life.
 
Smooches.
 
Bails

No comments:

Post a Comment