Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kaw Prairie!

Today was my church's very first day in our new building! We have been in elementary and high schools (and occasionally the local armory, although don't worry, we do not encourage violence) for almost five years now. I have only been a continuous attendee for the last year and a half, but my parents and I have visited intermittently throughout the years.

My church is perhaps the favorite one I've ever been a member of, and definitely one of the biggest blessings in my life right now. Pastor Dan is amazing, I love everything we're about, the openness to thoughts and questions, yet the conviction in answers given. I feel like Jesus Christ is truly our cornerstone, and I pray that God will bless our ministry forever. My good friend German, our worship director who joined us last summer, was in tears after today's service, just overwhelmed with emotion. It touched me so much, he said he is so glad to be a part of this and I told him we're so glad to have him here. Kaw Prairie is so filled with honesty, openness, intelligence, rawness, spirituality which is so important to me as well as religion, love. I feel safe there and I feel others could and do feel safe there too. Words can't describe, because it is the work of the Holy Spirit; I bring as many people as I can so they can experience it for themselves.

This really is not meant to be an advertisement for my church, but if you're interested I might as well provide the website instead of leaving you hanging: http://www.kawprairie.org/. Oh and man in picture is Pastor Dan, being hilarious during a sermon (happens often).

No comments:

Post a Comment