Friday, May 8, 2009

My Boy Toy

You know how there are people in your past that you mostly forget about, but occasional they pop into your head and you think, "They were AWESOME!!"?

I just did this with my good pal LAMPY. Yes, Lampy from The Brave Little Toaster. Good movie, folks. I loved Lampy. And let me just say that everyone seemed to love Blanky. You know what I thought of Blanky? Boring!! Lampy? Hilarious!

Same thing goes for Grover vs. Elmo in my book. Elmo? Precious, cute, giggles a lot. But Grover? Funny. Original. Scared of himself (i.e., the monster on the next page), therefore a little bit dim-witted. And you know who else was not the brightest? Lampy. But who doesn't love Lampy? Oh man, I used to watch that movie and just crack up at Lampy. I used to want a Lampy poster for my bedroom.
If I could find a Lampy t-shirt, I would probably just hug it for a day before I could actually put it on. Here's to you, Lampy. Here's to you.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is why are both part of the BSC, broiler. I mean, I was saying, the. okay actually: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW7-F2q6zIk

    Also, I was terrified of that one scene in BLT where the vacuum gets upset and eats things, or something. Isn't he uncontrollable or something? But Lampy. Lampy is great!

    ReplyDelete