Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Mitsubishi Abyss

I predict that 7% of you will reconsider being my friend after reading this. I just cleaned out my car, and here are the tallies of what I found:

18 pieces of mail (1 piece not mine)
15 cds
11 socks (note the uneven number)
10 used napkins or tissues
9 gum wrappers
6 receipts
4 pairs of shoes (1 pair not mine)
4 pens
3 of each of the following: straws, Starbucks cups, free literature brochures
2 of each of the following: coffee travel mugs, issues of the NY Times, sweatshirts, tissue packs, pieces of tape on the back windshield (that, um, remain from my temporary license plate from when I bought my car 2 years ago)

AND the following miscellanea: 1 pair of broken sunglasses, a drawing of me as a Muppet from Brad, a spoon, water bottle, 1 penny, book, hat, Cat in the Hat doll, a crust of bread (I am not making this up), cup, piece of paper, ice scraper, Mom's coat, McDonald's bag full of trash, A LOAF OF BREAD, an almost empty bag of Cheetos, a Coke can, an empty bagel bag, a piece of paper that says "I [heart] U" that I gave to Brad and he gave back--jerk, a hair elastic, a cough drop wrapper, a yogurt container top, a pound of coffee (Italian roast), a Dora sticker, an empty grocery sack, and my dentist goodie bag (i.e., new toothbrush, floss, paste)

For those of you who were brave enough to finish reading this, please still be my friend! Don't judge a girl by her Lancer!

5 comments:

  1. Bales - Always be your friend! I'll take the coffee!

    Dad2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious, Dad! You may have it! I actually have a stockpile you can choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. appalling Bailey....but, duh, you're still my friend :)

    how did you remember all this?? I can see you with a pad of paper writing what you throw out of your car...classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, sar, you KNOW i had a pad of paper. i don't usually document the items, but for the sake of the blog, i did :)

    p.s. my car has been worse. MUCH worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm.. I'm pretty sure these re-establish all the reasons I AM your friend. What percentage is that?!

    Also, how's the eagle sweatshirt doing!?

    ReplyDelete