Saturday, May 16, 2009

La Belle et La Bete

So you know you might be just a little bit anxious for love when you're watching Beauty and the Beast and reacting as if these were real people, hugging yourself tightly, wishing the Beast was yours. (Brad and Lynn, don't be mad I watched it without you, I'll watch it again in a second!!)

As I sat down to write this post, I was planning on writing about beer (my apologies for those who were excited for that story), but then the song "Wait for Me" by Rebecca St. James came on my Windows Media Player (NOT i-Tunes) shuffle. The song is about the man who she hasn't met, but who she will end up with.

"Darling, did you know that I
I dream about you
Waiting for the look in your eyes
When we meet for the first time
And darling, did you know that I
I pray about you
Praying that you will hold on
And keep your loving eyes only for me
'Cause I am waiting for, praying for you darling
Wait for me too"

Not only is this such a unique concept (I mean, we all fantasize about our unmet, future mates, but to almost have a conversation with him or her before meeting is so different), the song is rather delicious musically. Check it out, my friends, and give me a holla if you want to talk about people we haven't met but whom we'd like to make out with (celebrities can be included in this list). If you're desperate for love like me, fight the good fight, hold on to that charm, read good books and fill your mind with good things, vent your frustrations, keep helping others, hug those around you, and he or she will come along.

Love,
Bails

2 comments:

  1. Remember when you made the Urban Outfitters Employee read Hug Time with you in the middle of the store, and while he did it, he was clearly uncomfortable with the entire situation?!?!?!? Priceless moments with Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this post. clearly i am sending hugs via cyperspace!

    ReplyDelete