Friday, April 22, 2011

Hypnotic birthday reminder, plus semester recap

First two weeks of this semester: Bored.

Third week of this semester: Sick with a cold. Stuck inside while a blizzard accumulated outside.

End of third week, and for some time afterward: Depressed. Big time.

Fourth, fifth, sixth weeks and so on: Just kind of bumbling along.

A few weeks ago or so: "What?! Where did all this work come from?!"

Last week: "I'm so behind, I'm so behind, I'm so behind." All but hyperventilating. Cried twice.

This week: Blinders on. Ignoring others' accomplishments, trying to focus on why I came here in the first place.

Right now: Tapping my fingers (lots to do, just hard to focus on school, school, all the time school). Blogging to avoid typing the draft I'm supposed to be writing. Did I mention it's Friday night?

Tomorrow: Meeting with research group for who knows how many hours.

And the beat goes on. Done around May 13th! I think! Then back to the classroom May 24th! [Big fat smirk!] At least I don't have class on the 23rd, my B-day....

Did everyone catch that? Mark the calendars?

May 23rd....

No comments:

Post a Comment