Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thinking, thinking. Always thinking.

You know how in high school--well, in the summer after high school, or on weekends during high school--you could stay up until 3, 4 in the morning and feel so alive and excited that you were talking with friends that whole time, or thinking about something invigorating, or working on a creative project or something?

Well, I hate being up this late. HATE.

That said, I just chatted and chatted and chatted with my friend Courtney and loved our conversation, truly. But I'm just so out of practice with this much extroversion, really, and also the late nights.

So to be clear, this is a very positive review of my time with Courtney, but a very old crotchety review of being awake much beyond midnight. And it is MUCH beyond midnight.

I was getting in my car tonight and thinking about what life will be like, God willing, if/when I have kids and a husband and we're all conked out at 8 p.m. I was just thinking about it in a neutral way, I suppose. Seeing the positives and negatives in both lifestyles.

As if I haven't said this enough lately: Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to burst your bubble, but you don't go to bed with your child(ren) go to bed. That's the time when you finish the laundry, finally check your email, clean up dinner, get things ready for the next day, etc... And sure enough, you turn around and it's already 11pm. Sigh ;)

    ReplyDelete