Monday, April 25, 2011

Keep your pants on!!

When I went to the gym today I didn't bother with the locker room.

Oh man this post already sounds inappropriate and I haven't even got to the actual punch line yet.

I was already "dressed out" (oh man, remember when they used to say that in middle school gym class? Was that just my middle school?) in my workout duds, and just had some sweats on over them--for the slightly chilly walk from the car to the Rec Center--and my student ID card in tow.

So I just peeled off the extra sweats when I got inside and put them on the ground beside the stationery bike I was using and then the weight machine I used.

On my way out, I sat down on a chair to put my sweats back on over my workout clothes.

As you'll recall, or for those of you just joining us here in paragraphs 4 & 5, outside=brr, hence the sweatpants.

Well I slipped the sweats on over my shoes so they were at my ankles.

Then I realized my problem.

In this particular instance, you smart alecks.

If I stood up to pull on the pants--which I was totally planning on--it would look like I was just putting on pants (as in, not over a pair of shorts) in the middle of the lobby!

Well I waited for some people to pass, then realized:

a) it still looked awkward, perhaps quite a bit more awkward and resembling someone sitting on the john, with me just sitting there with pants around my ankles, and
b) this is a pretty big school with a pretty busy rec center, so foot traffic in the hallway was not likely to peter out anytime soon.

So I figured I had two options:

1) take the pants off, or
2) just finish what I had begun.

So I stood up, with I believe at least two males walking in my direction, and pulled my pants up.

Thinking on this hours later I realize I suppose it's better to be caught pulling your pants up in public rather than down.

No comments:

Post a Comment