Saturday, April 9, 2011

That's enough stress, thank you

I have a pound cake in the oven. In hindsight this seems an appropriate choice because I've been carrying around some emotional and stressful weight this week.

Friends, I have been rear-ended not once but

TWICE

this week. Within 48 hours of each other.

My car seems to be fine, and I hope I am fine (I think I am, but I tend to worry--ha, have you ever noticed?), but when I got hit again today I just thought,

"Really?!"

Actually, I cussed a bit. But I also thought, "Really?!"

I truly am grateful that I'm fine and that I don't have to spend time or money on the car, but si-igh. Seriously!

Also, I won't flat out tell you how much money is in my checking account (well, some of you I will or have already, privately), but you know that scene in the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas where that mouse is crawling around and there's only one crumb? Well I feel like my checking account looks a little bit like the inside of a cupboard recently robbed by Grinchy McGrinch Face.


Well, as I've been typing this, the pound cake appears to have finished. It smells yummy. Gotta offset the stress with something! I usually vote--beyond spiritual God seeking and emotional human support--for sugar. Cake is cooling, but then I'll be on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment