Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dance card

Tomorrow we shop.

I'm thinking of more literary ways to introduce this, but I'm just gonna say it:

No, there's no wedding, calm down.

We're having a cotillion.

Here in the North.

Holllllllll. Er.

It all started earlier this week when, for whatever reason, Jeff and I started joking about cotillions. Then this morning Nick suggested having a wine and cheese party this Friday, and Jeff and I immediately

--of course--

translated and evolved this into a cotillion.

Jeff, being from Louisville, will be our coach in all things Southern. We will combine our iTunes libraries to come up with music from the region (I'll be providing the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood soundtrack and Brooke Waggoner, who's from Nashville). We are considering projecting videos of cotillion-type dancing on the wall during the fete.

But most importantly.

Tomorrow we will begin--and perhaps finish--our excursion for a dress.

With a hump.

You know what I'm talking about. Think Cinderella's stepsisters.

Now I'm not planning on meeting Prince Charming, nor losing my shoe (although we could act that out for dramatic effect). But I am looking forward to sporting a dress.

With a hump.

No comments:

Post a Comment