Monday, January 3, 2011

Funniest thing I heard all day

We made a short-ish trek today in Nick's car, to pick up a friend and go to Hamburger Mary's for lunch (delish, P.S.).

Well.

The heat got turned up a little too high in the Subaru.

When we arrived at Tom's apartment, Jeff got out of the front seat and headed to the back to sit with me, offering Tom shotgun.

As he got out of the car, however, he made a comment about needing to get out of the car for a minute, to escape the heat.

Well, Jeff was wearing a black pea coat, and for the quick moment that I saw him walking from the front of the car toward the back, he looked like a harried businessman. I also had my window in the back cracked--because of the intense heat, of course, which was threatening to make me carsick--so I could hear Jeff.

Hear him exhale, specifically.

It was so funny, the corporate pea coat paired with the exhale that bordered on being a downright pant. That in itself was enough to crack me up. But then Jeff outdid himself.

He got in the backseat and said,

"I feel like Shadrack in this car."

Funniest thing I heard all day, folks. Nothing topped it.

Although, this is perhaps the funniest thing I saw online today, compliments of Nick.

2 comments:

  1. what about the READ A BOOK video?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope byy "funniest thing you saw online today" you really meant "cutest!!!!" That's a great original song, and a precious cover!

    ReplyDelete