Sunday, February 6, 2011

Belly time

Let me preface this next thing that I'm about to say by mentioning that "Knocked Up" is on TV right now, and as I was channel surfing I came across one of those reality wedding shows where they showed a woman who was pregnant trying on a bridesmaid dress.

Okay, so now you've had the preface, and now I will ask my question/make my confession.

Haha, that made it sound like I'm going to confess that I'm pregnant.

I'm not pregnant!!

Okay, so.

Is it weird that I think it would be really fun to be a pregnant bridesmaid?

I guess I say that because as I saw that snippet while channel surfing, it occurred to me that probably a lot of women, if presented with the task/honor (depending on how you look at it) of being a bridesmaid and given their choice whether or not to be pregnant while standing in a wedding, they'd probably choose not to be pregnant. I mean, sure, some might just further embrace the fact that they're preggers if they just so happen to be at the time of a wedding, but I would guess a lot of them would want to be in their "normal" skin for a wedding, preggers skin for another time.

I, on the other hand, just think it would be downright fun. Is that weird? I mean, I guess I've always had kind of a freakish degree of good body image, so maybe it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm already excited about someday sporting bridesmaid dresses with a tummy.

Hahaha, who are we kidding? Clearly I'll be the last of my friends to get married, so I probably won't even have the opportunity. I'll likely have retired my bright colored dresses by the time I zip into a white one.

...Just FYI, I'm not like, looking into sperm banks or anything...Promise. Dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment