Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Phil Connors?!

Well even though this is going to register as a Feb. 1st post, from where I sit it is in fact past midnight, which means...

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!

For those of you who are not aware, Groundhog Day is in fact my favorite holiday.

Why, you ask?

Because there is a fantastic movie based on it, for starters.

Also, it's just downright weird. A groundhog? "Predicting" weather? I mean, if you're gonna make up a random tradition that holds really no actual value, yet it's popular enough that it shows up on several national calendars, then good work. I mean, think about it. People joke about Festivus, but it's not actually on a calendar anywhere. And I'm pretty sure elementary school students don't learn about it in the classroom the way they learn about Groundhog Day.

And finally. Well someday this will change, but for now on each Feb. 2 I look forward to the future Feb. 2 when I will realize my dream of spending the holiday in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, where Punxsutawney Phil the groundhog resides.

Seriously. I want to do this so badly. Whoever's reading this and wants to join me on next year's road trip, call me. Let's make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment