Friday, February 11, 2011

Trouble in a gray coat

The drawstrings from my sweater's hood are tucked in.

I had Boo the cat in my lap, and she started to claw at the drawstrings.

So I went to grab the strings to tuck them in, and then she clawed onto the shirt itself, while holding onto the strings with her paws, or teeth, or both.

Then Mom and Dad stepped in with their advice/assistance, and Boo, clueless, just hung on.

Later, when the itching from her scratch marks on my hands had started to set in, Dad said, "Well, you shouldn't be wearing things with strings around her."

"Dad, I don't think I should be punished for wearing clothing! Especially when it's 2 degrees outside!"

Here's what he came back with:

"Well, then that's what you get for taking something that she had claimed as her own."

Can't win. Notice how he defends the cat, whom he pretends to dislike. You know, when he's not petting and talking baby talk to her...

No comments:

Post a Comment