Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bad student. Sleepy student. Sensitive student.

I know that several of you probably think I am often cranky, but I feel like I'm about to get pretty cranky. You know how sometimes just the thought of social interaction makes you consider faking illness so you can stay in?

I'm tired (and for the record, as long as I'm in grad school I have permission to write about that as often as I want). I feel overbooked. I have an interview tomorrow for a story that I'm excited about, but also super nervous that I'm gonna blow it. I have a test in the morning, and so far I've gotten

TWO F'S

on the pop quizzes we've had in class. But what did I do today?

I went to the nail salon with my gal pal Jessica and got a mani-pedi.

Because I needed some sort of mental break! I needed to put my feet in warm water, have someone slather lotion on my arms, to sip my coffee and chat about whatever.

So I did.

And then after a brief breather at home, it was back to school. Now I've had a shower, I'm wiped, and I think maybe I should get in bed, but I also think maybe I "should" watch TV, and oh yeah, test tomorrow.

Here's hoping for something better than an F.

No comments:

Post a Comment