Saturday, March 19, 2011

Why I like to cross stitch

I think, perhaps, at its base, I enjoy cross stitching because it combines my love of math and my love of color.

It brings the left and right sides of my brain together.

In harmony.

Do you realize how seldom this happens?

Several people in this life embrace the left side of their brain, several others embrace the right.

And then there are those of us who feel constantly torn between them. These are likely the people who said in college, "I don't want to pick a major!"

These are also the people who, when they organize something,

OH they organize it,

yet their surroundings are almost always messy.

These are the people who want to take a dance class, and then head down the hall to chemistry.

(Some days they'll want chemistry class to come first, just to mix things up a little.)

But cross stitch says to us, "Welcome. Come on in. To the land where orderly pixels and bright rainbow palettes are greeted with open arms."

Ahhhhh. So nice to be here. (Btw, I feel a new obsession coming on now that I've found such peace...)

No comments:

Post a Comment