Tuesday, March 29, 2011

badTunes

I am remembering with great fondness the two week spring breaks that were provided each year by my undergraduate facility.

S
I
G
H
.

Ah, let's do another one for good measure:

S
I
G
H
.

I am in one of the most restful environments I can be, yet I feel time slipping through my fingers each day. I wake up tired, go to bed tired.

During Thanksgiving break I spent much of the week feeling as if I had just woken from a nap, as I was just completely and utterly exhausted. I am exhausted right now as well, however the difference between this break and that break (well, there's more than one that we won't get into right here, right now, because then you'll get a very large emotional exhale from me) is that during the last break I really didn't do much work. This time around I'm trying to grab my work by the horns. Because, well I'm afraid I can't afford not to.

Primarily the work is in the form of a stack of tests to grade--grumble grumble grumble--but I'm also sending emails, setting up interviews for a story, setting alarms at night, and just generally doing adult things that I don't normally adhere to, certainly not when I'm on spring break.

All right. Garumph. That's enough griping from me right now. I should be an adult and go to bed soon, since my body and emotions are screaming at me:

"GO TO BED!!"

Night night. (You know, in a while...)

Ick. "Baby, I Love Your Way" just came on my iTunes. Gotta remedy that. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment